Starting from 1st & 11th
Ball Chute Procedure
Click HERE for the live ball chute camera
- The 1st and the 11th tees are the only tees that can be used to start from.
- All players must be ready to play and at the ball chute when ball is placed in chute,
- Players are not obliged to stay around the chute. They may avail themselves of any facility at the club. However, if all the players are not there when their ball is next in line in the chute, the ball will be placed at the back of the ball queue by the marshal. If not being marshalled the ball may be moved to the back of the queue by players who already have a ball in the chute.
- No other interference of balls in the chute will be permitted except with the approval of groups who already have balls in the chute.
- If a player wishes to join a group who already have a ball in the chute, that player should show courtesy to the groups behind that ball by seeking their approval to join the group in question. Such approval is not required from players not at the chute at that time.
- 4-balls are to be encouraged wherever possible; particularly at weekends.
- Any member refusing to take guidance and instruction from the marshal will be reported to the Captain’s Committee and appropriate action will be taken.
- Weekend rules also apply on all Bank Holidays.
- Games may start only after 09:00 from the 11th hole.
- If a game is on or playing to the 10th green, that game has priority. Thereafter games must alternate.
- If any published booking from the 1st, is on or playing to the 10th green, that competition/group/match has priority.
- On reaching the 1st tee, players must place their ball at the back of the ball chute and wait for their turn, providing there is no official closure in operation.
- No members or visitors are allowed to join other groups who have already started.