WORLD HANDICAPPING SYSTEM
We’d like to take this opportunity to remind members of the WHS, for some golfers, it will simply be a case of using this information to refresh their knowledge.
For others it will be an opportunity to learn about all aspects of the system ahead of the 2021 season.
It is important to stress that understanding key, basic elements of the system will allow golfers to play, post scores and enjoy the game as they have always done.
To assist in this, members are reminded of the fundamentals in preparation to post scores from competition or general play rounds:
• As long as you know your handicap index, you can then calculate your course handicap and just go out and play. It’s as easy as H.C.P
• By registering with England Golf and downloading the ‘My England Golf’ app for all smartphones, you can discover your handicap index and use our course calculator to work out a course handicap before teeing off
• Alternatively, you can obtain details of your handicap index from the club, consult look-up charts on or around the first tee and work out their course handicap for any chosen set of tees.
In the very near future, the ‘My EG’ app will allow the following functions:
• Pre-registration of general play rounds
• Direct input of all scores from general play rounds